March 5, 2012

3-year-old Eats 37 Magnets

3-year-old Eats 37 Magnets

          The x-ray of three-year-old Peyton showed a bracelet that they assumed she had swallowed. However, after a bit more investigating, they discovered that the toddler swallowed not a bracelet, but 37 Rare-Earth Buckyball magnets that had connected. Apparently they were so strong that they joined together, ripping three holes in her lower intestine, and one in her stomach. Doctors have seen kids who had swallowed 10 magnets or less, but 37 is a record. 
       Her parents said that she had thought that it was food, and being the typical curious toddler she is, she decided to eat it. 
    Thankfully, the doctors were able to remove them, and Peyton is on her way to full recovery.

Watch the full video here:

No comments:

Post a Comment


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.